Koinup recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others who use the website
or other web sites owned or operated by Koinup S.r.l. value their privacy. This
to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the
Koinup and related web Sites.
Sites and any personal information you provide on the Koinup Sites remains subject
The use of private information provided by user to Koinup is subject to the italian
Legislative Decree d.lgs 196/2003.
Please note that any video, image, storyboard, text, comment, url or other content
becomes a "published and public" content and is not considered an information subject
Informations collected by Koinup
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally
identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to Koinup when choosing
to participate in various activities on the Koinup Sites such as uploading contents,
posting comments, subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists, etc. These
informations are required to access all the features of the website. To access Koinup
features you don't have to provide us sensible and legal private-identifiable informations
(ethnical, religious, economical, political informations, etc).
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Koinup Sites, we
may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric
characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Koinup uses
both session cookies and persistent cookies . A persistent cookie remains after
you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent
visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser
help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close
your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate
when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Koinup Sites may not
function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Koinup Sites, our
servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever
you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web
request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring
/ exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages,
pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular
pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely
identify your browser.
The Way Koinup Uses Information
The Koinup use and/or disclosure of your private information is subjected to the
italian legislative decree d.lgs. 196/2003.
The following are the way we assume to uses the user's information we collect:
a) We can use your personal identifiable and/or not identifiable information to
operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Koinup
c) We can use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable
information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type,
clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality of the Koinup Sites and to create
new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and
analyzing User preferences and trends. We also use non identifiable and impersonale
informations to promote and advertise the website or to create stats about the website,
their users and their behavior.
d) We can provide personally identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable
information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other businesses which
work for Koinup and its website on legal, marketing, tecnological issues with the
purpose to improve the quality of the website or remove bugs, technological problem
and other stuff related to the maintenance and development of Koinup. We require
that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with our privacy
policy, and we use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information and
to use other appropriate confidentiality and security measures
e) We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable
information if required to do so by law, or if it is necessary to comply with italian
laws or respond to a court order.
With the exception of the points discussed above (mainly the points a), c), d), e)
) Koinup won't never disclosure your private identifiable informations in any occasion
and for any reason. Koinup commits itself to mantain and assure the security of
your private identifiable and not-identifiable personale informations
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through
the Koinup Sites, in which case Koinup may not be able to provide certain services
to you. You may update or correct your personal profile information at any time
by visiting your account profile page.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting
a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or
making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique
password and account information at all times.
Advertising on Koinup
- Koinup strives to provide you with relevant and useful advertising and we use the DoubleClick cookie, as well as other third party ad serving systems, to do so. We may use a range of information including cookies, web beacons, IP addresses, usage data and other non-personal information about your computer or device (such as browser type and operating system) to provide you with relevant advertising. If you are logged into your Koinup Account, we may also show you advertising based on the information you have provided to us in your Koinup Account.
- We use the DoubleClick cookie on Koinup to help advertisers and publishers serve and manage ads on this site and other Google and AdSense partner websites. Advertisers may serve ads based on interests associated with non-personally identifiable online activity, such as videos viewed, frequency of uploading or activity on other AdSense partner sites. Advertisers may also serve ads to you based on previous activity on that advertiser's website. This non-personally identifiable information is held separately from your Koinup Account data, or other personally identifying information in our possession.
- You may view, edit and add to the categories used to provide you with interest-based advertising in the Ads Preferences Manager for the DoubleClick cookie. Your ads preferences will be respected across Koinup, AdSense partner sites and Google sites using the DoubleClick cookie to serve such ads. For more information about interest-based advertising and the Ads Preference Manager see FAQ.
- You also may choose to opt out of the DoubleClick cookie at any time. If you select the DoubleClick opt-out cookie, ads delivered to your browser by our ad-serving technology will not be served based on the DoubleClick cookie. Find more information here about opting out of the DoubleClick cookie.
Rights of the customer
The processing owner of the personal data is Koinup (Koinup S.r.l., Via Romanino
12, 25122 Brescia - Italy) and specifically its Personnel and Organization Manager.
You can contact him via email at
or sending a phisical comunication
at Koinup S.r.l., Via Romanino 12, 25122 Brescia - Italy)
Users may always appeal to the Processing Manager (see above contact info) to assert
their rights as set out in Art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/03, which states the
1. The interested party has the right to obtain confirmation of the existence, or
not, of personal details that regard him/her, even if not yet registered, and the
communication thereof in an intelligible form.
2. The interested party has the right to obtain evidence of:
a. the origin of the personal details;
b. the purpose and manner of processing;
c. the logic applied in case of processing effected with the aid of electronic tools;
d. the identity details of the owner, manager and agent designate as set out in
Art. 5 clause 2;
e.the subjects and categories to which the data may be communicated or who might
come to know of it in the role of designated national representative, manager or
person in charge.
3. The interested party has the right to obtain:
a. the update, correction or, when necessary, completion of data;
b. the cancellation, transformation to anonymity or blocking of data processed in
violation of the law, including that whose conservation is unnecessary in relation
to the purpose for which the data was, or will be, subsequently processed; c. the
declaration that the operations set out in letters a) and b) above, also as regards
their content, have been brought to the notice of those to whom the data was communicated
or disseminated, excepting those cases in which this is impossible or would require
a manifestly disproportionate use of resources with respect to the right being protected.
4. The interested party has the right to object, in whole or in part, to:
a. the processing of personal data that regards him/her, for legitimate motives,
even though pertinent to the purpose of their collection;
b. the processing of personal data that regards him/her for the purpose of sending
publicity material or direct selling, for carrying out market research or sending
Our Commitment To Data Security
Koinup uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards
to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot,
however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Koinup
and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information,
Koinup makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems.
If Koinup learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you
electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Koinup may post
a notice on the Koinup Sites if a security breach occurs.
Last modified: March 13, 2009