pub. on feb 16, 2010
The Light in the Dust - Part 2: "Non Omnis Moriar"
PART 2: "NON OMNIS MORIAR"
The nightmare continues...
...the noose is tightening
...and somebody is lurking
...right around the corner.
RATED R FOR GRAPHIC VIOLENCE
THE FIRST 1.5 MINUTES OF THIS MOVIE PRESENTS A NIGHTMARE AND MAY FEEL BIZZARE AND ILLOGICAL. IT WAS MEANT TO BE BEFORE WATCHING THIS, PLEASE:
(A) WATCH PART 1
(B) OR READ THE SUMMARY FOR PART 1 PROVIDED BELOW
A film by Kate Lee, Sherwin Liu & Lizard
*** SUMMARY OF PART 1 ***
At the grave of his deceased wife, Jonathan Chase (Jon) grieves his loss. Since her death a year ago he has been suffering from severe depression, and he now has no will to live. Suddenly he hears a strange voice speak to him: "I shall gladly take that which is not appreciated." There is nobody around but a homeless person sleeping there, and a stranger who seems eager to chat with him.
In the middle of their conversation, they see a storm gathering fast around them. Before they realize, they find themselves in the middle of a strange supernatural phenomenon. Jon loses his consciousness.
When he wakes up he feels strange and confused. He falls down and sees his own reflection in a water puddle. To his surprise his face is that of the man he was talking to just before.
Jon learns to live inside this new body—that of Bill Morris, but starts to feel his new body influencing and disturbing his mind.
On Bill's calendar Jon finds an "appointment" with a certain Patty Lowell, and decides to go and learn more about Bill. As he arrives at Patty's home and peeps at her from outside, his body begins to overwhelm his mind with sadistic and murderous thoughts. He runs back to his car to recover from these newfound feelings. There he finds an envelope addressed to Bill Morris but with a strange address. At this address he finds a shack, in which he makes a gruesome discovery in the basement: Bill Morris is the serial killer that the police have been looking for.
*** DESCRIPTION OF PART 2 ***
We now find the unsuspecting Jon still in Bill's body, and seeking answers for his unusual circumstances, while he becomes the focus of somebody eerily familiar, lurking around the corner. Meanwhile another terrible crime implicates him even further as the police locks onto him as their main suspect.
*** CREDITS ***
The motif of the story was conceived by Lizard, inspired by Anne Rice's "The Tale of the Body Thief," and the TV series "Quantum Leap."
- Directed by Kate Lee
- Written by Kate Lee, Lizard, & Sherwin Liu
- Complete original soundtrack composed by Sherwin Liu
- Lizard as Bill Morris and Jonathan Chase
- Lucindamc123 as Abigail O'Connor
- Yeagmaster as The Homeless Man
- AnotherNewDawn as Gary Kaminsky
- BenStudios1991 as Steve Nady
- Voodoo as Amanda Kaminsky
- Rposhard as The Neighbor
- Myshinator as The TV reporter
- Maniacc as DarkCrystal
- Meglomovies as Dk75
- Abigail's room set, stone living room set, TV news overlay, DP/LITD title animations by Lizard
- WInkie's cafe, Abigail's elevator/hallway, and color filters by Sherwin Liu & Kate Lee
- Blood splatter overlay, bloody shirt, body transfer and credits animation by Sherwin Liu
- Black & white living room set and cathedral library set from 8EyedBaby.com
- Blood puddle prop, plasma TV by 6headedmonster ( tiersix.com )
- Sound effects from Sounddogs.
A film by Kate Lee, Lizard & Sherwin Liu; VOICES: Lizard, AnotherNewDawn, LucindaMc123, YeagMaster, BenStudios, SixHeadedMonster, Voodoo, Meglomovies, Maniac
Would you like to comment?
for a free account,
(if you're already a member).