World First! 3Di, Inc. Launches "3Di OpenViewer" and "3Di OpenSim Enterprise" Offering Complete Solution for Large-Scale Multi-User 3D Virtual Worlds in the Web Browser
3Di, Inc. , a Tokyo-based company providing 3D Internet solutions and services (representative director and CEO Satoshi Koike), has released the world's first commercially available OpenSim-based(*) viewer software "3Di OpenViewer", which allows end users to view and interact with multi-user 3D virtual worlds using a web browser. The launch of the 3Di OpenViewer original software accompanies the simultaneous product release of "3Di OpenSim Enterprise Version 1.0", the company's server software for large-scale construction of 3D virtual worlds. 3Di OpenViewer and 3Di OpenSim Enterprise Version 1.0 are aimed at business use and are commercially available starting April 15, 2009.
[3Di OpenViewer: Key Features]
- View and interact with 3D virtual worlds inside of web browser
- Easy integration with existing web services
- Designed for ease of use; navigation requires only the mouse
- Supports"Internet Explorer", browser with #1 market share (Jan. 2009, Net Applications)
[3Di OpenSim Enterprise Version 1.0: Key Features]
- Display of and interaction with 3D virtual worlds inside web browser using 3Di OpenViewer
- Import of 3D models created by 3rd-party 3D software
- Link multiple 3D spaces ("sims") into a grid
At 3Di's product website, a public demonstration page has been opened where it is possible to experience the company's new offerings. 3Di invites all interested parties not only to experience the newly released 3Di OpenSim, but also to look forward to the product's further development.
3Di Product Site